Statler Center offers three programs in two presentation options: in-house, or online.
Hospitality Training Foundations
Our in-house classes are provided Monday-Friday from 9am- 4pm.
Our online courses are organized by instructor with due dates and deadlines to keep students on track with their work flow.
The Business Fundamentals training program offers students an opportunity to develop skills needed to transition to a variety of vocational opportunities or to transition to higher education with a skill set for success. This is a general education pre-employment course which is a required class. Business Fundamentals can be taken as a stand-alone course or in conjunction with one of the customer service classes that follow: Telecommunications or Hospitality.
A few of the goals of the Business Fundamentals curriculum are:
- Increase competency in computer literacy
- Advocate and utilize adaptive technology in training
- Refine and improve verbal and written communication skills
- Search job opportunities and build a professional network using web based programs
- Interview practice and preparation-mock interviews
- Remediate math skills
- Improve professional conflict management skills
- Exposure to behind the scenes venues and employer point of view
Hospitality training foundations
The Hospitality Training Foundations program focuses on learning the standards of the broad hospitality industry- hotels, travel & tourism, office, medical, food and retail. Students receive specialized instruction in administrative procedures, reservation services, marketing, banquet, audit, customer service skill development, sales, and property management. Our training assists in developing the essential face to face customer service skills by way of relevant hands on experiential learning.
A few goals of the hospitality program are:
- Learn the customer service standards of the hospitality industry
- Utilize and navigate property management systems used in a majority of venues
- Learn from industry professionals as adjunct instructors
- Develop face to face customer service skills and techniques
- Be exposed onsite to a variety of employment options in the hospitality industry
- Obtain relevant hands-on training experience to add to a resume
The Telecommunication Foundations training program provides students with transferable skills for customer service positions that require phone-based, computer-based or other remote client service skills. This program generates superior customer service representatives who are able to apply for employment opportunities either in brick-and-mortar facilities or as a part of the growing demand for remote agent opportunities. The Telecommunications course can be taken in-house, or online.
A few goals of the Telecommunications program are:
- Customer service skills utilizing phone and software (CSR training)
- Learn to utilize soft phones, multi-line phone systems, multiple screen navigation, and dual headset technology
- Make and receive inbound/outbound calls
- Targeted training of script delivery, adherence to script, timely response and minimum after call work
- Acquisition of digital capture skills
- Obtain hands-on experience to add marketable skills to a resume
- Be exposed onsite to a variety of employment options in the Telecommunications industry